Friday, August 29, 2014

4 the Record: Tom Petty Wildflowers

I hadn't listened to this Tom Petty album in quite a while and was reminded of how much I love it at a wedding we attended in San Luis Obispo a few weekends ago. Wildflowers is one of my favorite songs and when the album first came out, I had taught myself to play it on the guitar. It's simple and lovely and easy to sing and just the kind of song I like to sing to my daughter before she goes to bed. She quickly agreed about the song and it is in heavy rotation in our house right now at bed time. Wildflowers brings many things to mind, but as most Tom Petty albums do for me, it reminds me of all the things I love about California. With our weather soon headed for fall and summer at the same time...if you have never been up here some of our warmest days and coolest nights are in the early fall, I was inspired by the simplicity of the album cover to pull together some fall + summer pieces that I will be wearing all at once come September.

Moorea Seal Hat | LK Berlin Bag | Zelma Rose Necklace | Denim | Wildflowers |
Wool Vest | Shirt | Sandals | Warby Parker Sunnies

Happy Listening!

xoxo

Lisa


No comments:

Post a Comment