Friday, August 15, 2014

4 the Record: Pulp Fiction Soundtrack

I SAID GODAMN! This year marks the 20th anniversary of my all time favorite film, Pulp Fiction. I saw Pulp Fiction in a small theatre at the Palmer Park Mall in Easton, Pennsylvania. I was in college and went opening day with a group of my guy friends who it seemed like had been waiting for the film for a decade. I had never seen a Quentin Tarantino film before. Crazy, right? Luckily I was fully schooled in the art of Tarantino before we went, mostly because Chad refused to talk and answer any questions during the film. Can you blame him? What unfolded was a long time love affair with not only Tarrantino, but Uma Thurman, trench coats, and red lipstick. And then there was the soundtrack. Obscure as hell, weird, haunting, but oh so cool. There are few things better than Dusty Springfield belting out Son of a Preacher Man. In tribute to my fave film and one of the coolest women around, Mrs. Mia Wallace, here's this week's 4 the Record and my modern take on what Mia might be wearing these days.

Urban Decay Lipstick | Tradlands Shirt | Madewell Denim | Rolex Watch | Pulp Fiction Soundtrack | Birkenstocks | Burberry Trench | Vintage Doctor Bag | Vintage Pill Box



Happy weekend and be cool honey bunny!

xoxo

Lisa




No comments:

Post a Comment