Friday, September 12, 2014

4 the Record: Joni Mitchell Blue

What to say about this album?! One of Rolling Stone's top 500 of all time, an epic and moody journey into the musical and lyrical genius that is Joni Mitchell. I first heard Blue in college, which seems so late to me now. I bought it on a solo trip to the record store one afternoon and knew about 10 seconds into All I Want that this would be an album I would listen to for the rest of my life. I get to share it with my daughter now and we often sing Blue at bedtime. The highs and lows are a bit of a struggle lyrically for the rest of us Joni, but I think that's what leaves us so in awe. The deep soulful lyrics and your soaring voice reminding us that music is indeed something that lives in our hearts.


Blanket | Hand Dyed Bow Tie | Dress | Rain Jacket | Joni Mitchell Blue | Bag | Hand Dyed Painting | Chukka Boot | Skirt

As always click on the links below the photos to find out more about my "Blue" picks.

Happy Friday!

xoxo

Lisa

No comments:

Post a Comment