Wednesday, February 27, 2013

In the Studio 2.27.13 Zelma Rose University



The 2013 Zelma Rose Look Book is a wrap!  Saturday was an incredible time and I cannot wait to show you all the finished product.  In the meantime I thought I would post some of my own photos from the shoot along with a few pics from the models and friends that stopped by for a visit. It was a special day and I am so grateful to everyone who was involved.  Sarah, Meg, Rebecca, Ashley, Stephanie, Jared & Bobby, I'm talkin' to you!

A Look Book is a big endeavor as a designer.  When I think about all the work and planning that went into an afternoon, it's pretty remarkable. All of this started back in early December when I met Bobby & Jared.  After knowing them for 5 minutes, sticking my foot in my mouth by telling them I loved their style and was on the lookout for real life models with incredible style and not "Brad Pitt handsome" men, we all had a good laugh (whew) and the planning began.  I still can't believe I said that.  (I think you will see from the finished product that Brad has nothing on these two). I had decided the mission of the Look Book would be to showcase local Bay Area business people.  Using the Makeshift Society to house the shoot seemed a natural. I wanted to show Zelma Rose designs in action, being worn and worked by real life creative people I admire. The finished Look Book will include links to the amazing talents that strutted their stuff on Saturday.  I'm so excited to share the work of Sarah, Meg, Rebecca, Ashley, Stephanie, Bobby & Jared with you. Their talent is astounding.


My Grandmother's Scissors
Testing the Lighting With Bobby & Jared. Photo by Stephanie Bodnar

My Vintage One of a Kind Gibson Hummingbird Made a Guest Appearance

Bow Ties, Necklaces & Pocket Squares! Photo by Edyta Szyszlo

Thanks for stopping by today.  I cannot wait to share more details of the Look Book with you all! Before I get back on the sewing machine, a reminder that today is the last day to enter the Mind Your Business Giveaway.  Here are the rules below, the winner will be announced Friday!

This giveaway is for a place in the boot camp, a $325 value.  Woo Hoo!! Here's the skinny:

The giveaway will run from Monday February 25 - Wednesday February 27.  A winner will be announced on the blog Friday March 1.  To enter here's what you need to do:

  1. Follow the Zelma Rose Blog
  2. Comment below about why you want to Mind Your Business in 2013
  3. Like the Zelma Rose Facebook page
  4. Do one of the following: Follow ZR on Twitter  // Instagram // or Pinterest

Happy Wednesday

xo

Lisa


No comments:

Post a Comment