Wednesday, February 13, 2013

In the Studio 2.13.13 Starry Eyed

My hands have been in nearly all aspects of ZR in the studio this week.  I've been working on some new designs that will be released for spring, making some display pieces with my dad (more to come on this) and working quite a bit on one of my more popular designs, the Big Dipper Cross Stitch Necklace. 

A customer told me this past weekend that the Big Dipper Necklace was her favorite because it was the only constellation she had ever recognized in the sky.  I love that!  Like all my cross stitch necklaces, the Big Dipper starts out as a small piece of cross stitch fabric.  I then stitch free hand with gold metallic thread, creating a one of a kind constellation for each and every necklace.  Even while using the same stitch count, each piece comes out just a little different.  Here are some pics of the process, along with a shot of one of my customers this past weekend who just couldn't wait to wear it!  

Photo by Portraits to the People

Photo by Portraits to the People
Photo by Portraits to the People


Big Dipper Cross Stitch Necklace

Big Dipper Cross Stitch Necklace

Lovely Rhea, Rockin the Big Dipper

Thanks for stopping by today.  I'll see you Friday for Style File.  I'm rounding up some of my favorite star themed picks.

xo

Lisa

No comments:

Post a Comment