Monday, January 12, 2015

Your 2015 Style Guide Checklist | For Him

As I mentioned in my Style Guide Checklist for Her post, I recommend starting the year off right by taking an inventory of your wardrobe. This is a great way to make sure every piece in your closet is in tip top shape, clean, and fits properly. We are all busy, and as conferences and celebratory events come into play, it's great knowing that your suit fits and is ready to be packed and hop on a plane. I pulled together some of my favorite basics for below to give you fellas a rough idea of what should be in your closet.


Shirt | Bow Tie | Undershirts | Denim | Suit | Thermal | Socks | Glasses | Boots


Also of importance each year is keeping your health in check. Annual medical appointments like physicals, skin cancer screenings, and eye exams should be repeated each year or every few years depending upon your doctors recommendations. To keep all of this info in check, I am sharing with you my own personal set of checklists to keep you organized and looking good throughout the year. You can download your own Zelma Rose 2015 Style Guide Checklist for Him, here.




When it comes to being sized for clothing, I suggest being fitted for suits, dress shirts, and shoes each year. You would be surprised how often our sizes change. Whether it is due to exercise, weight loss or weight gain, or the brand we like changing their size. Keeping up to date on your sizing makes last minute and online shopping a breeze. I like Nordstrom for fittings for both men and women. The Men's department at Nordstrom is a great place to get your shirt and jacket measurements. The shoe department also has a wonderfully professional staff that can measure your foot and help you get into a properly fitting pair of shoes.

Over the next weeks, I'll be sharing some of my favorite Men's basics and I would love to hear yours!

xoxo

Lisa


Original photography, art direction + styling for Zelma Rose by Lisa Anderson Shaffer.

No comments:

Post a Comment