Friday, January 16, 2015

4 the Record: Ed Sheeran X

Ed Sheeran is adorable. But then again, I am a fan of us gingers. Still he's got a great voice, a humble presence and for a young guy, he can really write a song. His album X, or pronounced "multiply," for reasons I'm assuming I'm not cool enough to understand, is not the kind of music I usually have playing in the studio. I'm more of a sex, drugs, and rock n' roll kind of listener when it comes to my choice of office music. This week for whatever reason I was thinking ahead to spring and just wanted something pleasant that I could sing along to and let my mind just go. This album does the trick for me. The songs are well written, not over produced, even the single Sing, which is kind of fancy, does not reek of studio execs cramming strange manufactured noises into our ears.


Basket | Flowers | Kicks | Tee | Ed Sheeran X  | Beats | Shorts | Necklace | Blanket


X has all the qualities of spring for me right now. And listening to it this week brought me back to those carefree days and nights spent at the beach, running the waves and just being glad to be in someones arms. So if you are wishing for a little sun, have a listen to some Ed Sheeran and get yourself somewhere that denim shorts and tees are all you need.

Happy Weekend!

xo

Lisa

No comments:

Post a Comment