Wednesday, January 21, 2015

From the Studio | 52 Silhouettes Week 3

As the weeks pass while working on this project, I realize how interested I am in the flora and fauna that surround my house. With so much to look at, I'm enjoying taking a closer and more isolated look at each leaf and bloom.


This week I decided to focus on a leaf from one of the Bird of Paradise plants that grow beneath a set of our kitchen windows. With a few of the flowers in bloom, it seems a bit odd that a leave is what drew my attention, but I was interested in the different textures and how this would translate into a flat silhouette.


I was surprised by the results, as the curve of the leaf, which I was so drawn to seems to get a bit lost in translation. I like the way the drastic change in texture and color from green to brown is seen as only holes in the leaf in this form.



Until next week!

xoxo

Lisa









No comments:

Post a Comment