Wednesday, February 4, 2015

From the Studio | 52 Silhouettes Week 5

Last week, as my silhouette I shared my grandmother's scissor collection with you. Her set sits on my desk and after spending so much time with them last week, I was inspired to create a silhouette from one of my grandfather's tools that also sits on my desk. Much like Zelma's scissors, I use Kingston's wooden ruler every day.

After playing around with folding and unfolding Fa's (that's Kingston's grandpa name) ruler, I decided to create this shape from paper for the silhouette. 


I really enjoyed the unexpected small detail of this silhouette. I just might continue this tool rend for a while.

xo

Lisa



Original photography, art direction + styling for Zelma Rose by Lisa Anderson Shaffer.






No comments:

Post a Comment