Friday, January 9, 2015

4 the Record: U2 Joshua Tree

"I'm hanging on, you're all that's left to hold on to."

In 1987, U2 released Joshua Tree and I was pretty convinced at the young age of 11, that Bono would someday be my husband. With or Without You became the song that I would run to the stereo as it neared conclusion to rewind over and over again. I'm surprised my tape cassette didn't wear out. Wait, what's a cassette?

Shirt | Hat | Scarf | Necklace | U2 Joshua Tree | Skirt | Blanket | Tote | Boots

This album remains in my top, if I'm ever stranded on a desert island, list of favorites. Somehow it never grows old and maybe because I still get that feeling of teen longing when I hear With or Without You. As an adult, Red Hill Mining Town has become my favorite track on the album and when I listen to it in the car, my daughter and I belt out the chorus as loud as we can.

I think mostly this is an album of passion. I can hear it in the voices, the instruments and the beautifully woven lyrics. It's a powerhouse. Living in California and spending time in Joshua Tree, it makes even more sense. The quiet space, beautiful desert. It really takes you somewhere.

U2 forever.

What are you listening to?

xo

Lisa

No comments:

Post a Comment