Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Local Love: Home of the San Francisco Giants

I think you all know by now that I LOVE baseball. I was fortunate to grow up going to games with my Dad, Mets and Yankees, and if I had endless hours to fill my day they would be all spent at the ball park.  When I moved from New York to San Francisco in 1997, becoming a Giants fan was an easy sell. The franchise started in New York after all and with the promise of a brand new ball park on the horizon it was a good time to start sharing some of my Yankee pinstripes with the orange and black.


Last year we started a new family tradition around here by going on a tour of AT&T Park, home of the San Francisco Giants, every October. If you are local, or planning a trip to the Bay Area, add taking a tour of AT&T Park to the top of your to do list. Now granted I love baseball, but if you are just a little luke warm on the sport, setting foot on the warning track, sitting in the dugout and walking around the visiting team locker room might sell you on the sport.





Plus, it's just plain beautiful. With sweeping views of the San Francisco Bay, the Oakland Bay Bridge, Treasure Island and pretty much as far as the eye can see, a visit to the ball park offers so much more than just great Giants history.

Not only will you get to see the World Series trophies, but you'll learn why the ball park was built in 5 separate sections, who championed the Giants staying in San Francisco and helped raise privately donated money to build the stadium, and why the green goes deeper than just the outfield.



I think I can speak for all Giants fans when I say we deeply love this team. The last 4 years have been an incredible ride and I am so grateful for all the fun and memories. The Giants embody all the things I love most about baseball. They work hard, play hard, and just like Travis Ishikawa's walk off home run in the NLDS, they provide us with inspiration and celebration. While I will root root root for the Giants in the next few days, no matter the result I will be proud to call the orange and black my home team.



Good luck boys!

xoxo

Lisa



All photography by Lisa Anderson Shaffer for Zelma Rose

No comments:

Post a Comment