Sunday, March 16, 2014

Good Measure : Transitional Denim

I LOVE denim. I am a fan of denim for everything from working in the studio, to meeting with clients, and for a night out on the town. Here in Northern California, our winter is quickly turning to spring and it's time to break out the transitional wardrobe. In early spring our temperatures can range from in the high 40's in the morning to the high 70's in the afternoon, leaving us in transition hour by hour. Making denim a staple of your transitional wardrobe this time of year can work not only in battling the highs and lows of the temperatures, but the weight of denim can help you warm up or cool down your favorite winter and spring garments. Think of denim as a neutral these days. Mix it with pattern, other denim, sweaters, leather, it's your blank canvas. Do yourself a favor and invest in a well fitting denim shirt. Again, proportion is everything. My current favorite, shown here is from Madewell.


I actually own two of these shirts and love the chest pockets, boyfriend fit and long length in the back, which pretty much means it fits me like a shirt should. Denim works tucked, un-tucked, with a tie, scarf, statement necklace, sweater, and over a lightweight blouse. It really is the hardest working garment in my closet. Chances are if you see me off duty, I'm rocking this shirt with jeans or tied on top of a maxi skirt, with a scarf and clogs, running after my daughter. 

What's your go to transitional piece? 

xo

Lisa

No comments:

Post a Comment