Friday, March 8, 2013

Style File 3.8.13 Turnstiles NYC

As often happens when the seasons begin to show signs of turning, I miss New York.  I've lived in San Francisco for 16 years and adore my home by the bay, but as they say, you can take the girl out of New York, never the New York out of the girl.  So much of my personality, drive, passion, and overall craziness comes from that ever ambitious, ever opinionated, ever in motion New York state of mind.  With work and family I don't get to visit as often as I like and when my heart starts to bleed Yankee pinstripes, I turn to some good 'ol fashioned rock and roll to cure my homesick blues.

This past week I have been listening to Billy Joel Turnstiles.  My love of Billy Joel, being from Long Island is kind of hot and cold.  Sometimes I really do not like his music, other times it so reminds me of where I am from that I can't help but belt out every single last word.  Whatever the terms of our complicated relationship, Turnstiles remains my all time favorite Billy Joel album despite the fact that it really shouldn't be.  You'd think I would favor Cold Spring Harbor, that's where I'm from after all and how many people get to say that someone wrote an entire album about their beach side town? Nevertheless, this week's Style File is inspired by the Turnstiles album cover.  It's so 70's I just love it and after looking at it on itunes all week, I couldn't help but be inspired. The vintage Dior sunglasses I'm trying to track down as we speak.  I might need those!

Dress // Headphones // Leather Jacket // T Shirt // Turnstiles // Dress // Faux Fur // Glasses // Blazer

Happy Friday! 

xo

Lisa

No comments:

Post a Comment