|1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8|
Okay, let me break it down for you...
1. Let's talk denim. Once, a long time ago, before I was a mom and worked in a fancy office downtown, I used to own a single pair of jeans. Why bother with more when I spent 5 days a week wearing impossibly gorgeous dresses and wiggle skirts? Life is different now, thank goodness, and denim has become a uniform. I have tried a lot of different brands and hands down my favorite is Madewell. They don't sag, are easy to bend and move in and wash really well. Plus, the sizes run true across styles. My personal favorite cut is the Alley Straight, but I also own the Skinny Skinny in a few different rinses as well.
2. The best tank ever. This will probably blow your mind, but the best tank top you've never tried is maternity. No joke. Liz Lange for Target makes the best tank top around. It's long, really long. Super soft, and has incredible stretch. Seriously this thing is like a rubber band. The key to the perfect fit? Buy it really small. I wear xs, or xxs.
3. About face. Finding Egyptian Magic was kind of an accident. I has received a sample in a BirchBox subscritpion a friend had given me for Christmas last year. I had put it in my purse figuring if I ever forgot my lip gloss, or I needed some balm or lotion for my daughter, I would have a back up. Well one day I needed it, and surprisingly it ended up changing my skin for the better. The best skin cream I have ever used by far, Egyptian Magic is an all natural moisturizer that melts into your skin. We use it for everything in our house, face, body, cuts, dry skin, everything. It works like a charm and is available at Costco. It doesn't really get any better.
4. Smashbox BB cream. I'm a huge fan of Smashbox. It's the only makeup I use. This BB cream is a quick and effective way to give your skin a little bit of coverage while fitting in a quality spectrum SPF. This cream goes on smooth, with a light dusting of power will last most of the day, and gives the skin that dewy glow.
5. Oh baby! I am not a lipstick person. I don't really like it. I save lipstick for special occasions and date night. All I really want on my lips is a nice fresh pop of subtle color that feels soft and keeps my lips moisturized. I've tried a number of different glosses, but I keep coming back to Smashbox O - Gloss. This magical little tube intuitively flushes your lips with the perfect shade of pink to compliment your skin tone. It's the perfect amount of color for me day or night, and I keep one in about every bag I own.
6. Best foot forward. I bought my first pair of Danskos when I worked on a locked psychiatric unit. I was on my feet a lot, and needed to be able to move quickly and easily. A lot of the nurses on the unit wore Danskos and I figure they had to know thing or two about comfort. Since then I'm only on my second pair. They last forever, can go the distance in terms of comfort, and now a days are pretty darn cute. I love these Maria boots and will be wearing them as long as Dansko keeps making them.
7. Sun kissed. If you are wondering how to get amazing cheekbones, the key is a good bronzer. Bronzer is the secret to making you look like you got 8 hours sleep instead of 4. Yeah, it's that good. I love this Smashbox pressed bronzer to give my skin a little boost. A quick brush along the cheekbones, at the top of the hairline and bottom of the chin leaves you looking like you had all afternoon to get a facial. I also apply it to my lids for a light sparkle above my eye.
8. Oh my god I love this underwear. Aerie has managed to make the perfect thong hipster hybrid. The lace Mini Cheeky offers more coverage than a thong but provides the same discreet coverage in tight fitting clothes. Best part? It actually stays put. I don't know how they did it.
Any of these must haves make your can't live without list?
What has you buying in bulk these days?